Toonalook Camp

Hi guys,

In year five we want to camp in Toonalook it was so Amazing, sorry I havent been posting fo so long thats because I’ve been at camp. Today I am going to talk about the  experience .I happen to know that it was truly ,amazing, the  best experience in the world !I’ve never had experience this good before.  The first day we got there we were all so tired from the bus because it was a four hour bus trip it was too long. but when I felt the cold fresh breeze on my face,I felt much better. I looked at the  teachers and I knew that this would be best camp in the world !

We first started to get our bag of the bus and omg the bags were so heavy! When I say heavy ,I mean  extremely heavy ! We first went to put our bags down at the tents and they started to give us a tour around the place so we knew where everything was . First , we went to the main place were we meet  to eat and get told what activity we are doing, its name was Lyal Hall. Then we went  around and saw more places around the place like the bike shed.  After seeing around the whole place we went back to my tent and we took our bags and we got told who was in a cabin . I think it was a really good cabin. I had Grace, Tori, Sylvie ,Tash and me.After setting all the beds up we went to Lyal Hall to eat lanch, the cooks name was  Trish ,she was a really good ,she was the only cook  there and she had the best sandwiches in the world.  After eating the delicious meal for lunch,  we had free time. We decided to play king ball ,there are  three circles and you get a ball ,you pass it to another circle but you need to bounce in your square and then throw it to the other people in the square and you keep on going until someone gets out ,it’s a really fun game.

After a good nights sleep , we woke up at 8 o’clock. After breakfast we went canoeing . Gus was my partner , I was so happy because the weather was nice , it was 30 degrees! iwas not good and changing directions and Gus kept shouting instructions at me , like “Left , right , left , right !” It was so hot , we all jumped in and tried to squeeze on 2 canoes but we flipped over ! We also went bike riding and we went on a ferry to the other side of the island . On our bike ride we went koala spotting ! The funniest thing was watching an echidna walking across the road. We saw loads of koalas hugging trees, they were so cute ! There was a koala holding her baby .

Later in the day, back at the cabins, it was getting kind of late.  we went ot have dinner.  It was lasagne and it was amazing….a dream come true.  After dinner we got told who does the jobs including washing up, picking up rubbish and cleaning the tables.  After cleaning up we went back to our cabins and got dressed into our pyjamas and brushed our teeth.  We got snuggled up in our nice warm beds.

The next day we did loads more activites.  My favourite was the shoe game.  The shoe game was really fun because we used a lot of team work and we were all cheering each other on.  it was very hard because we weren’t allowed to stand up and cheer,  The referee was very strict and took points off if we stood up.  We had Year 11s come on camp with up.  their names were Coco and Jasmin.  They were really nice.  They told us lots of stories and we had teams.  Jasmin was on my team and Coco was on the other team.  Jazz’s group was called Jazz’s Jelly Beans.  We named it after her because she’s very special.  The other team were called The Afterburners.  They kept on saying “We’re going to roast you”, but we said “You can’t roast The Jelly Beans because they’re very tough”.

It was Expo night and we walked into the bushes and we finally got there.  The first thing we saw was toilets.  At first I thought we were going to sleep right next to the toilets.  I didn’t want to have to go to the toilet at night in case everyone heard me flushing.  But then I asked Misty and she said we were going down the pathway to camp.  Then we walked down the pathway and we saw the firepit and I felt much better that we weren’t near the toilets.  We sat down near the firepit and the teachers talked to us about what we were going to do.  Jazz and Coco took us to the tents.  They taught us how to put up the tents.  It looked hard but I have been camping a lot so I knew how to do it.  Then we got to pick the people who were in the tent with us.  We were only allowed three people and I ended up with Ella and Lol.  We had burgers for dinner and they were amazing.  Thanks to the teachers for cooking them! We changed into our pyjamas and we fell asleep quickly because we were really tired.

The next day was our last day at Toona .We all woke up, I walked out with my  pyjamas and my blanket I didn’t really care about what I looked like I just wanted to be  warm I started to eat my brekkie, we had really yummy cheese toasties. Then it was time to pack up EVERTHING ! We hopped on the bus , I was looking forward to seeing my family but I didnt want to leave Toonallook because I had an amazing time. I cant wait to come back again Year 6!

What  was your favourite memory at Toonallook ? From Holly

One thought on “Toonalook Camp

1. Hi holly,
    I liked your post.
    My favourite memory from camp was the speed boat it went so fast.
    Why did you like about your favourite activity on camp.
    From Zac